Cristóbal Costa Soria home page
Welcome to my personal web page
I am a Software Engineering researcher at the Information Systems and Software Engineering (ISSI) research group, which belongs to the Department of Information Systems and Computation (DSIC) of the Universidad Politécnica de Valencia.
My research interests are dynamic reconfiguration and evolution of software architectures, self-* systems, autonomic systems, aspect-oriented software design, automatic code generation, middleware's technologies, fault-tolerant software systems and mobile code.
The results of my research are described in my PhD Thesis, which was presented in June 2011. The dissertation was graded as Excellent Cum Laude and obtained the Doctor Europeus Mention (a Spanish distinction for PhD Thesis developed with an international projection).
Costa-Soria, Cristobal: Dynamic Evolution and Reconfiguration of Software Architectures through Aspects. PhD Thesis. Department of Information Systems and Computation, Universidad Politécnica de Valencia, June 2011. ISBN: 9781267033420
Brief Curriculum Vitae
- PhD in Computer Science by the Universidad Politécnica de Valencia (June 2011).
- Predoctoral fellowship for Research Staff Training, granted by the Generalitat Valenciana (Valencian Regional Administration), from March 2006 until February 2010.
- Visiting scientist at the Department of Computer Science of the University of Leicester, working with Reiko Heckel (June-September 2009)
- Traineeship in the X-Ray Imaging group of the Experiments Division at the European Synchrotron Radiation Facility (Grenoble, France, June & July 2005)
- Socrates/Erasmus Intensive Programme grant holder, about "User Interfaces & Intelligent Internet Applications" (Finland, May 2005)
- Computer Science Engineer by the Universidad Politécnica de Valencia (Valencia, Spain, 1999-2005)
- Undergraduate scholarship granted by Microsoft Research Cambridge for the development of the PRISMA Model Compiler (Valencia, Spain, May 2004 - May 2005)
- Founder member of the PoliDotNet association, a student association focused in the learning of .NET technologies