Alejandro Catalá home page
Welcome to my personal web page
I am a postdoctoral researcher at Futurelab within the Information Systems and Software Engineering (ISSI) research group which belongs to the Department of Information Systems and Computation (DSIC) of the Universidad Politécnica de Valencia.
My major research interests are interactive and narrative systems for learning and entertaiment purposes, surface computing, augmented reality, ubiquitous computing, and evolutionary computation.
Brief Curriculum Vitae
- PhD degree in Computer Science by the Universidad Politécnica de Valencia (July 2012).
- Visitor scientist at the Human Media Interaction (HMI) of the University of Twente, The Netherlands (August 2011 through February 2012).
- Fellowship for Research Staff Training granted by the Ministerio de Ciencia e Innovación of the Spanish Government (May 2007 through April 2011).
- Master's degree in Software Engineering, Formal Methods, and Information Systems by the Universidad Politécnica de Valencia (2007-08).
- Best Student award in Computer Science in 2006 by the UPV's Social Council.
- Degree in Computer Science Engineer by the Universidad Politécnica de Valencia (2000-06).